Error 80040111 or 80040154: You can’t sign in to Windows Live Messenger
To resolve this issue, try the following:
1.Reregister the Msxml3.dll file, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
a.In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
— or —
In Windows Vista, click Start, click in the Start Search box, and then type command prompt. Under Programs, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
b.Type %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll, and then press ENTER.
c.Type exit, and then press ENTER.
2.If you still can’t sign in to Messenger, reinstall the XML Parser, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
a.Visit the Microsoft download website for XML Parser.
b.In the section for msxml3.msi, click Download, and then choose to save the file to your computer.
c.Locate the Msxml3.msi file on your computer, and then double-click it.
d.Follow the on-screen instructions.
3.If you still can’t sign in to Messenger, restart Messenger, and then try to sign in again.
If all this doesn’t help you, you can try to uninstall messenger using a tool called ZapMessenger. This will uninstall any version of msn or live messenger. After uninstallation ,you can again reinstall any version of messenger.
No comments yet.
- How To Delete SubFolder in Team Foundation Server
- How To Delete Project from Team Foundation Server 2005/2008
- HowTo : Delete SharePoint Shared Service Provider (SSP)
- TF31002 : Unable to connect to TFS 2008
- Team Foundation services are not available from server http://127.0.0.1:17012/_vti_bin/TeamFoundationIntegrationservices.asmx
- How to Run IIS and WAMP on Windows 2003 Server
- Dell Diagnostic, Power Button, POST Beep and Error Messages Codes
- Windows Server 2008 R2 + SQL SERVER 2008 + MOSS2007
- How to use convert vmdk to vhd
- CRUISECONTROL + SOURCE VAULT + devenvbuild
- HTTP Error 500.23 – Internal Server Error : An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated naged pipeline mode
- TF30335 : Could not connect to the TFS2010 server through Visual Studio 2008 client